Logistics industry: protecting worldwide transport
The transport of goods on water, land and in the air is an essential part of global commerce. As globalisation progresses, logistics is becoming increasingly important and complex. If a load is lost or damaged because of an accident, it is not just the reputation but also quickly the existence of a transport company that is threatened.
Shipping companies, port operators and forwarding agents are responsible for the organisation, the prompt processing and the safety of the transported goods over the entire transport route. A carrier’s liability insurance is therefore the focus of every insurance solution for logistics providers. It covers both the damage to goods, e.g. due to loss or damage during transport, and the professional indemnity, e.g. due to failure to meet a delivery deadline, organisational errors or misconduct on the part of employees. Since its founding over 140 years ago, Funk has worked closely with the transport industry and is very familiar with the insurance of specific transport risks.
Comprehensive insurance concepts for transport companies
- Carrier’s liability insurance
- Liability insurance for heavy cargo contractors
- Shipper’s liability insurance
- Insurance for ports and terminals
- Marine hull insurance
- Property damage insurance against fire/explosion and machinery breakdown (technical and organisational fire protection).
- Business interruption due to property damage and technical damage
- Liability for third party claims resulting from the production system or the products themselves
- Professional liability insurance
- Environmental liability insurance
- Marine cargo insurance
- Credit insurance
- D&O insurance
- Legal protection and criminal defence insurance
- Vehicle insurance
- Employee health and benefits concepts
A trusted partner for the logistics industry
Our experts have a wealth of experience both in logistics and in industrial insurance. As a result, we can reliably identify the specific risks of your company, advise you on your insurance options and devise a strategy that offers comprehensive protection for all your activities.
Regardless of whether an accident, human mistake or conscious misconduct on the part of your employees has occurred, when a claim happens, there is usually a string of unpleasant events that follow. The disruption of ongoing operations, the loss of customers and the administrative expense are additional burdens. With our claims management, we are your reliable partner in the event of a claim: our experts are on site when needed, commission assessors and experts as required and dedicate themselves to quick and professional claims processing. Like that, you can concentrate on ongoing operations in order to limit the long-term effects of a claim.
+86 21 1257 8625