Art and event management: passion meets expertise
The professional engagement with art and culture requires passion and profound expertise. The same applies to the protection of these special values.
Our experts at Funk Fine Arts do not only have insurance-related skills but also show great enthusiasm for this demanding industry. Our expertise ranges from art collections, museums and galleries to art and cultural events as well as the broad field of event management – in Germany and abroad.
Specific solutions for art dealers and collectors
For many, collecting art is a passion that goes far beyond the material value of objects. Owning art and building up a collection is a pleasure, but it also brings with it a sense of responsibility for the unique and valuable works of art. At the same time, art is cultural heritage, which is preserved in museums and foundations and made accessible to the public. Many companies are building up their own corporate collection. Art is also becoming increasingly popular as a capital investment.
Funk Fine Arts supports private collectors, companies with art collections and museums, but also galleries, art dealers and restorers as a competent partner in the field of art insurance – with comprehensive advice and individually tailored insurance concepts.
Our services in the art sector
Insuring the key risks
In-house art expertise, sound industry experience and an international network in the areas of insurance, art and law form the basis of all our insurance concepts. Works of art are exposed to many dangers and require special protection. In addition to the classic risks, such as fire, tap water or burglary and theft, risks like vandalism, incidental damage and loss must be considered. The proper transport, packaging and storage of art are also important aspects. Increasing value as well as the conservation and restoration of art objects raise further concerns. Security and damage prevention are key when it comes to dealing with art, so that you can preserve your values and enjoy what you hold dear for a long time. To that objective, the Funk Fine Arts team offers its clients active, professional risk and insurance management.
Comprehensive support from a single source
Funk Fine Arts also supports you with:
- Valuation and revaluation of art
- Comprehensive art history consultancy
- Support in security issues and loss prevention
- A network of internationally recognized restoration and conservation experts
- Professional claims management
To complete our services, we offer private customers the opportunity to insure all of their art and collectibles, high-quality household content, jewelry and valuables as well as privately used residential buildings in a single policy with a comprehensive all-risk strategy.
A strong partner for the event management industry
The event management industry is enormously multifaceted: In addition to companies that plan and organize events for guests – such as hotels, tour operators or tourist regions, casinos, amusement parks and sports organizers – television stations and film production companies, cultural events and cultural organizers, booking agencies, operators of event halls, casting and booking agencies, clubs, associations, sponsors, museums and art galleries are also part of the sector either entirely or in certain areas of their activities. It is precisely this broad spectrum of clients that calls for an individual risk and insurance management.
Funk meets this challenge by designing customized package solutions that draw on all options of the national and international insurance market. Our industry specialists recommend coverage concepts for the specific risks of your company:
- Event cancellation insurance: covers all causes of the complete or partial cancellation of an event, e.g. due to weather, the non-appearance of prominent guests, accidents or equipment damage; can be individually adapted to the specific needs of the client within the framework of an all-risk-insurance
- Conditional rebate: covers all financial risks of an organizer from special marketing campaigns, e.g. “money-back-campaigns”
- Film insurance: special insurance for video and film production companies; covers additional production costs caused by unforeseen events, like an interruption of production and damage to or loss of film and sound material
- Prize indemnity: insures the losses incurred by an organizer or sponsor when an event does not occur, for example financial losses due to the relegation of a sports club or the withdrawal of an athlete from a competition
+86 21 1257 8625